Bloodmoon Akali's weapons were a small side project I decided to do for a friend in our group. So here's the reference.
First step was to cut the profile of the weapon to make a pattern.
From this the shaft was cut from plywood while the blade was cut from expanded PVC foam (Sintra/Komatex).
From here these pieces were glued together using Loctite Power Grab.
Once the glue was able to cure an angle grinder was used to round out the shaft and bevel the edges on everything.
The hole in the middle was cut using a hole saw.
I realized that the inner portion of the ring needed to be beveled, so the easiest way to do that was to cut another circle at an angle using the jigsaw's built in... angle... thing.
Once this was done 1mm PVC was added to the blade for the arcane letter detailing and acrylic extrusions were added to the shaft.
The grip was made from brown vinyl tape and weathered with soft black acrylic paint. Happy cosplay! Hope to see some of you on the Fields of Justice!!!